1) Review the videos provided.
2) Review the letters provided
3) Read about “Controlling Dissent” on pages 614 – 617 of the US History online textbook.
You have learned about American imperialism and the US entrance into the First World War. Increased nationalism and imperial ambitions heightened the political atmosphere leading up to the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife, Sophie. The broad political narrative of WW1 is often the focus in our high school courses. This week our content will focus on the soldier’s experiences on the front lines.
Compose a 250 word posting and answer the following questions with specific reflection of what you learned and address the following questions based on your analysis of the letters.
1. What are the top five used words in the letters you selected
2. What does this tell us about the soldier’s experience or what they were focusing on?
3. After using the links tool https://voyant-tools.org/, what terms are linked to the the top five used words.
4. How do these words correlate with each other?