MUST BE NEW AND ORIGINAL WORK. CANNOT HAVE BE GIVEN TO OTHER STUDENTS. ALL POINTS MUST BE CLEARLY COVERED…PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT WORK ALIGNS WITH RUBRIC SO THAT ALL POINTS ARE COVERED. DO NOT JUST PUT A REFERNCE IN THE REFERNCE SECTION BUT DO NOT USE IT WITHIN THE PAPER. ALL REFERNCES MUST ALSO BE FEATURED WITHIN THE PAPER AS WELL IF ONE IS BEING USED. PLEASE KEEP RESPONSES STRAIGHT TO THE POINT, BUT ANSWERED WELL. THIS DOES NOT NEED A TITLE PAGE OR HEADER
Visit www.prisonexp.org. Scroll to the bottom to find the quote by Professor Philip Zimbardo. Click on “read the story” in the last sentence. After reading the story, please respond to the following 6 discussion areas in your post.
Required for full credit:
One post with responses to all six areas specified below
Three posts to classmates
Thorough, relevant, organized, and professionally written
Graduate level sentence structure and grammar
No APA format required
Posts to be entered 8/15/16 (rather than 8/13/16)
1) What are the effects of living in an environment with no clocks, no view of the outside world, and minimal sensory stimulation?
2) Consider the psychological consequences of stripping, delousing, and shaving the heads of prisoners or members of the military. What transformations take place when people go through an experience like this?
3) At first push-ups were not a very aversive form of punishment, but they became more so as the study wore on. Why the change?
4) How do you think you would have behaved if you were a prisoner in this situation? Would you have rejected these privileges in order to maintain prisoner solidarity?
5) Compare the reactions of these visitors to the reactions of civilians in encounters with the police or other authorities. How typical was their behavior?
6) In an exploratory study such as this, one problem is defining what the “data” are — the information we should collect. Also, what should have been done to minimize the effects of experimenter bias on the outcome of the study? What were the dangers of the principal investigator assuming the role of prison superintendent?