The Final Project for this course requires that you apply the material that you have studied during the term to a case study of your choice. For this Assignment, you must choose a well-known current or historical person for an in-depth analysis of personality development. Some examples of the type of person you can choose are famous politicians, philanthropists, entertainers, businesspersons, or individuals who made significant contributions to your field of study or career. You should choose a figure whose biographical information can be easily researched.
During this course, you have studied several models of personality development. For your Final Project, you will write a 5–7 page paper that describes the way in which each of the models that you studied in the course applies to the personality development of the case study that you chose. Your paper must include the following components:
1. A summary of the person’s life experiences. This section must include all relevant background, including family history, significant life experiences, and important contributions that may have influenced or resulted from the individual’s personality development. This section should be a maximum of 1–2 pages in length.
2. A discussion and evaluation of the ways in which each of the following models would explain the individual’s personality development:
1. Psychoanalytic and Neoanalytic theories
2. Psychosocial theories
3. Trait, Evolutionary, Genetic/Biological approaches
4. Cognitive, Behavioral, and Social Learning theories
5. Humanistic theories
Be sure to include an explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of applying each model to your case study.
This section should be 3–4 pages in length.
3. If you wanted to measure and assess this individual’s personality, what specific methods of personality assessment would you use that we have learned during this course and why? What information would you gain from each of the assessment tools that you chose? This section should be at least 1 page in length.
Include references from the text and course learning activities. Your project should be double-spaced, include a reference page, include a minimum of three resources, and adhere to APA guidelines. You can find additional help on APA in the APA Quick Reference on the Course Home Page or in the Kaplan Writing Center.