The company I have chosen is Microsoft. Here is a link to their 10k sec financial statement. Please help!!
SEC 10-K Paper
You will be asked to select a company that is publically traded. You must research and secure the SEC 10-K Annual Report for the most recent year. This is often available at the company web site. Look for “Investor Information” or “Company Information”. Save the file to your computer for access. There is no need to print as the report is usually 100 pages or more.
1. Post the name of your company in the SEC 10-K company for my approval in the week 1 Discussion.
2. Each student must select a different company so read the company names selected by classmates.
3. You will use this company for discussion in the discussions during the semester.
4. You will write a 2 – 3 page paper, single spaced, one inch margins, 12 pt font, with double space between paragraphs. Your paper should comment on the financial statements for your company as they relate to the information presented through week 5 material for our class, including the notes to the financial statements. ** Use headings in your paper such as Accounts Receivable and Inventory (topics from our textbook; other examples would be Balance Sheet and Income Statement). Please keep your paper to no more than 3 pages The report will be submitted after week 5 material on Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE). Do not consider material from weeks 7 and 8 in your paper.
5. Take care to avoid academic dishonesty. Write your paper, read it, and edit. Use your own words.
6. Please include a brief introduction of your company as well as a conclusion/summary at the end.
7. You will also be required to include the Income Statement and Balance Sheet as an attachment to your report (you can cut and paste directly from the 10-K report).
8. APA style is required for citations and a reference list. Use your own words. The reference list is most important!
9. Ask questions if any of the requirements are unclear.
10. Additional guidance for your paper and resources:
11. Page count does not include title page, tables and exhibits, table of contents, and reference list
12. Please include a title page (include your name on the title page)
13. Include a reference list (business classes use APA format)
14. Include in text citations (business classes use APA format)
15. Your paper should use one-inch margins on the left, right, top, and bottom of each page, and font set at 12 point.
16. Take care to comply with the UMUC policy for academic honesty
17. Write your paper, in your own words, using accounting words from our textbook and explaining how these relate to the financial statements of your company
18. Our discussion postings during the semester should assist you in completing this paper
19. Visit the Accounting Toolbox in the Course Content of our LEO classroom
20. The Accounting Toolbox is a constant resource in our UMUC undergraduate accounting courses
21. Links and explanations to assist you with this paper may appear in this resource
22. Additional information will be posted in the Week 1 Discussion area of Leo Classroom. Please make sure you review carefully and ask questions if you have any.
23. SEC 10-K Power Point Presentation
24. You will also be required to prepare a brief power point file of no more than 10 slides. Post the power point presentation in the discussion area for comments by other students.
25. After you read the comments you may wish to make changes to your power point file before submitting it in the assignment folder along.
26. Include a reference list in APA format.
27. Ask questions if any of the requirements are unclear.
28. You are required to post comments on the work of at least one other student who does not yet have comments so everyone has at least one set of comments. Do not wait until the last day to post your power point file so everyone has a chance to visit the files