Purpose: This project requires you to identify and assess legal issues, apply the law to the facts and make recommendations. The issues relate to the concepts and assigned materials covered in weeks 1, 2, and 3.
This project will guide you in preparing a PowerPoint presentation.
This project meets the following course outcomes:
Background/Facts: TLG is continuing to work with its new client, Clean-n-Shine (Clean), a commercial cleaning company incorporated in Maryland, but doing business in all Mid-Atlantic states. Clean’s owners have primary concerns about negligence risks and liabilities related to potential accidents occurring in their public business space to employees and/or customers.
Clean is headquartered in commercial space in a local shopping center. This is a public space that includes private business offices, a public reception area, a conference meeting area, and space for potential and existing clients to meet to discuss cleaning jobs, buy cleaning products, and complete contracts for cleaning services. The shopping center is busy and heavily trafficked with shoppers.
Winnie and Ralph request that you research and recommend a plan to identify potential negligence risks/liabilities and ways to minimize those potential negligence risks in Clean’s public facility. You will then make a PowerPoint supported presentation to the Clean owners. The Clean owners will use the plan to refine policies and procedures to prevent and/or minimize their liabilities.
Prepare a PowerPoint (PPT) presentation to:
(1) develop a plan to identify and explain potential negligence risks/liabilities, and
(2) recommend ways to minimize those potential negligence risks in Clean’s public facility.
(3) The plan focuses on potential tort liabilities for negligence (do not discuss or include the tort of strict product liability in this project).
The PowerPoint presentation will be labeled in 2 parts:
There is no set number of PPT slides required, but it is important to be complete and comprehensive in the presentation.
Use only the assigned resources available in the classroom for the project.
1. Identify and explain 3 different specific situations that could create negligence risks/liabilities for Clean in its public facility. Explain why/how each situation creates possible negligence liability
2. Develop and explain policies and/or procedures Clean could implement to prevent or minimize the negligence risk/liability for each situation discussed in 1 above.
Remember you are the “presenter” and, as such, you will be reading your Speaker Notes the same way you would a presentation paper. (The “narrative”, which is a clear, complete explanation of the content and points you are making, goes in the Speaker Notes). The Clean owners (audience) will be looking at the slides which should include highlights and illustrations of your comments for that slide. The slide content should align with the narrative in the Speaker Notes. (See the attached PowerPoint sample.) Sample PowerPoint Slide
Review the PowerPoint
Thoroughly read the presentation to ensure all required elements are present. Use the grading rubric to ensure that you gain the most points possible for this assignment.
Proofread for spelling and grammatical issues, and to ensure writing is in the third grammatical person