A PROPOSAL ON HOW COMPUTER APPLICATIONS COURSE MAY BE REINSTITUTED AND IMPROVED TO BETTER SERVE ADULT LEARNERS AT THE ONE-STOP EDUCATION COMMUNITY CENTER (5 pages only)
Project: Final Project
You are the Director of an Adult Learning Program at the One-Stop Education Community Center. Until recently, the Community Education Center offered an adult learning course in Computer Applications. This course was discontinued due to low enrollment numbers and course evaluations that highlighted adult student dissatisfaction.
A civic group has recently approached the One-Stop Community Education Center with members needing to improve their computer skills. The Community Education Center’s Executive Director has asked you to write a proposal on how this course may be reinstituted and improved to better serve adult learners. Your proposal and corresponding presentation will have a significant impact on the Board’s decision.
For the Final Project, you develop a proposal and a presentation. The proposal will be developed in sections throughout the course. Each section will be submitted in its appropriate week. In Week 10, you compile the sections into one proposal document, incorporating Instructor feedback. The following guidelines provide more explanation.
Identify specific details to prepare and submit a proposal for the upgraded class. Using the “Final Project Proposal Template” from the Learning Resources, your proposal must include the following items, all of which must relate back to adult learning concepts:
· Potential composition of the class
· Important characteristics about adult learners
Historical Data and Information:
· Student enrollment numbers
· Student demographics (age range, cultural identity, and experience level of students—beginner, intermediate, advanced)
· Updates and changes that need to be incorporated in the course to better serve adult learners
· Rewritten course description to better market and attract the adult learner
· Explain how you might best present the course for adult learners (e.g., group work, didactic information, media-based) and explain how your method of teaching this course incorporates the principles of adult learning theory.
· Appropriate staffing needed to support adult learners. Explain why this staffing is important for adult learners and explain your recommendation.
· Appropriate technology needed to enhance course delivery. Explain why this technology is useful for the adult learning population.