1) Minimum 8 full pages and 1 slide (Follow the 3 x 3 rule: minimum three paragraphs per part)
Part 1: Minimum 1 slide
Part 2: minimum 1 page
Part 3: Minimum 1 page
Part 4: minimum 3 pages
Part 5: Minimum 1 page
Part 6: Minimum 1 page
Part 7: Minimum 1 page
Submit 1 document per part
All paragraphs must be narrative and cited in the text- each paragraphs
Bulleted responses are not accepted
Dont write in the first person
Dont copy and pase the questions.
Answer the question objectively, do not make introductions to your answers, answer it when you start the paragraph
Submit 1 document per part
3)****************************** It will be verified by Turnitin (Identify the percentage of exact match of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
********************************It will be verified by SafeAssign (Identify the percentage of similarity of writing with any other resource on the internet and academic sources, including universities and data banks)
4) Minimum 3 references per part not older than 5 years
Part 4: Minimum 5 references per part not older than 5 years
5) Identify your answer with the numbers, according to the question. Start your answer on the same line, not the next
Q 1. Nursing is XXXXX
Q 2. Health is XXXX
6) You must name the files according to the part you are answering:
Part 1: Concepts in community
Create a Poster presentation as a tool to educate your patients. Keep in mind:
– It must be visually striking
– You must have statistical and key information on the subject. Paragraphs or sentences of more than 15 words are not allowed.
-You must use images to represent the topic and the intervention
Population: Elderly patients
Clinical site: Hialeah Hospital
Your role: Nurse educator
Intervention level: Prevention.
Part 2: Trends and issues in health care
1, Discuss the events that have contributed (or will continue to contribute) to the nursing shortage, or 2. that contribute to a shortage in a region or specialty.
2. Discuss at least one way that the nursing profession is currently working toward a resolution of this problem.
3. Describe an example of how the nursing shortage has been addressed in your state (Florida)
Part 3: Trends and issues in health care
1. Explain how health care reform has helped shift the focus from a disease-oriented health care system to one of wellness and prevention.
2. Discuss ways in which health care will continue this trend and explain the role of nursing in supporting and facilitating this shift.
3. Provide an example of wellness and prevention initiatives your organization or specialty area has in place.
Part 4: Trends and issues in health care
Review the IOM report, “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health,” and explore the “Campaign for Action: State Action Coalition” website.
Include the following:
1. Describe the work of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Committee Initiative that led to the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
2. Outline the four “Key Messages” that structure the IOM Report recommendations.
3. Explain how four “Key Messages” have transformed or influenced nursing practice, nursing education and training, nursing leadership, and nursing workforce development.
a. Provide 2 brief examples.
4. Discuss the role of state-based action coalitions.
a. Explain how these coalitions help advance the goals specified in the IOM report, “Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
5. Research the initiatives on which your state’s action coalition is working, and
a. Summarize two initiatives spearheaded by your state’s action coalition. Discuss the ways these initiatives advance the nursing profession.
6. Describe barriers to advancement that currently exist in your state and explain how nursing advocates in your state overcome these barriers.
Part 5: Ethical in health care
Case Study, Chapter 13, The Use of Social Media in Nursing: Pitfalls and OpportunitiesTwo registered professional nurses are attending a meeting where the focus is examining teaching methods that enable them to share information with newly diagnosed diabetic patients. One nurse initiates a discussion on the use of social media in teaching patients and the use of social media for all health care providers.
1.Discuss actions the nurse should take before using social media as a teaching tool.
2. What types of social media could benefit health care providers and patients?
3. What are the pitfalls to utilizing social media for both patients and health care provide
Part 6: Ethical in health care
Case Study, Chapter 14, Medical Errors: An Ongoing Threat to Quality Health CareA nurse manager is reviewing occurrence reports of medical errors over the last six months. The nurse manager knows that medical errors are not the only indicator of quality of care. They are, however, a pervasive problem in the current health care system and one of the greatest threats to quality health care. The nurse manager is putting together a list of possible solutions to decrease the number of occurrences of medication errors.
1. Recognizing that health care errors affect at least one in every 10 patients around the world, the World Health Organization’s World Alliance for Patient Safety and the Collaborating Centre identified priority program areas related to patient safety.
a. What are the patient safety program areas the nurse manager should consider for implementation?
2. Describe the Joint Commission 2017 National Patient Safety Goals for Hospitals.
3. Discuss the Institute of Medicine’s four-pronged approach to reducing medical mistakes?
Part 7: Nursing and aging
Topic: Comfort and Pain Management
With the realization that pain is highly prevalent among older adults, please answer the following questions:
1. What is the prevalence of pain in older adults?
2. How will you, as a nurse, be more aware of pain issues related to older adults and what will you
incorporate into practice?