BUS 517 Week 3 Assignment 1: Project Proposal
During Week 1, you were prompted to submit a project topic to your instructor for approval. This assignment will be the foundation for the project you develop throughout the course. Once you have received your professor’s approval for your project topic, this assignment will help you organize the components of your project.
Write a 3-4 page paper in which you:
1. State the type of project and identify the business problem it will solve.
2. Determine three (3) major deliverables of the project.
3. Assess the impact of not doing this project and the three (3) major risks of doing it.
4. Assign the measurement criteria for each deliverable that will be used in the project.
5. Estimate the costs and timeline involved with the project.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Analyze corporate strategy and the project life cycle phases to define the project and initiate a project plan.
Apply the concepts of project management to prioritize project portfolios and align the projects with corporate strategies, culture, and organization.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in project management.
Write clearly and concisely about project management using proper writing mechanics.