1. What are some effective listening strategies during the interview process?
2. Define and give examples of the following terms:
• Attending behavior skill set
• Effective questioning set
• Reflecting content
• Reflecting feeling
3. Describe how social bonds assist in the learning process. Be sure to discuss attraction theory, relationship formation, and the importance of relationship maintenance.
4. Explain ways to communicate effectively.
• Accurately identify emotions in yourself and others.
• Reappraise negative emotions: how to change the way individuals think about the situation
• Responsibility for own actions: how to take ownership of an issue
• Emotional motivation and how this affects communication: understanding and controlling your emotions with a client
5. How does body language and tone affect an interview? Give examples from the perspective of both a client and a practitioner.