Discussion Question 1 – CLO 2, CLO 6
Suppose you are the manager of a chain restaurant (e.g., Chili’s, The Cheesecake Factory,
and so forth) in Los Angeles. The economy is doing poorly, and people are not eating out as
much as they used to. If you do not do something to increase revenue or decrease costs, you
may have to close the business.
● What are some of the things you would do about this situation?
● How would you execute this?
● Also, describe why would you do them?
● (Note: this is a chain restaurant so you cannot have your own “specials” or reduce pricing or
anything like that – This is about your leadership)
● Support your positions with academic support