Week 3 Essay Writing Guidelines Below is a checklist for writing this essay. Please feel free to ask my any questions regarding this assignment.
1. Your essay should contain at least five paragraphs.
2. Your first paragraph is the introduction and it must contain historical context in the first 4-5 sentences. Basically you are giving the reader some kind of background (or context) setting up the French Revolution. The final sentence in this introduction is the thesis statement. You derive a thesis by directly answering the prompt, i.e., was the violence of the French Revolution inherent in all revolutions or in the case of the French, due to extraordinary circumstances. Just a summary … the body of the essay should fill in the details.
3. The following three+ paragraphs must support the argument you present in your thesis statement. Provide to the reader evidence to support your argument.
4. Your last paragraph is your conclusion.
5. Finally, students often ask if they need to reference or cite sources. The answer is yes. Use MLA style of writing. If you have any questions regarding this, please refer to the following link: owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/