The United States has been able to reduce fuel prices at the pump and provide jobs through fracking for oil and natural gas. Should we work toward instituting renewable forms of energy such as widespread use of Wind Farms, or should we reap the benefits of continuing the use of fossil fuels through fracking?
In this assignment, you will perform an internet search for accredited articles or use an online Journal to find peer-reviewed articles that evaluate the energy sources concerning sustainable development.
• Find two (2) research articles, one which discusses the pros and cons of wind farms and one which discusses the pros and cons of fracking. After reviewing the facts, create a written response that evaluates both energy sources and how each affects the three components of sustainable development: Economics, Environment, and Society.
• Make a claim about which technology is the most sustainable and, therefore, the best option. Be sure to support your claim with evidence from the articles.
NOTE: When reviewing your articles, keep in mind that Economics is referring to finances in terms of costs or benefits. Environment refers to environmental benefits or hazards, and Society refers to any potential harm or benefits to neighborhoods and people who may be affected.
• Provide multiple pieces of supporting evidence in your claims, using at least two (2) scholarly resources formatted in APA.
• Provide at least one (1) peer response that elaborates on your classmate’s ideas with further comment or observation, presents a relevant new idea or viewpoint for consideration, and raises a question, or politely offers an alternative perspective.
• Post the assignment and your response to the Assignment Forum by the due dates listed above.