1. Describe the governing board according to statute and policy.
2. Appraise the most recent accreditation discussion on the governing board.
3. Summarize your observations of the board meeting you observed.
1. Include any observation of specific roles played by any member of the board, administrators, faculty, staff, or students.
2. Include relationship of board members with each other and the CEO.
1. Discuss the way board members interacted with each other, the CEO, speakers, or the audience.
2. Discuss the role of the chair and how that person conducted the meeting.
3. State if there was any evidence of a rogue trustee as described in O’Banion’s articles from the attachment below. If so, what examples can you give of the rogue trustee’s behavior in the board meeting, or in other situations?
3. Include the discussion and agenda items. Were they important to the mission of the college discussed at the board meeting?
4. Include the role the CEO played at the meeting.
5. Include the role, if any, the constituent groups played.
4. Provide the critical issues impacting politics or governance of the institution.
5. Provide any model programs or efforts being made to improve politics, governance, campus culture, climate, or communications.