Res 341 Learning Team Assignment: Research Process Paper
• Resources: Data sets available on your student website
• Identify a research issue, opportunity, or problem from one of the data sets available on your student website. The data should consist of at least 30 or more observations of ratio or interval scale data from one of the provided data sets. This issue or problem will serve as the basis for this and subsequent Learning Team assignments, so be sure to obtain instructor approval before completing your Research Process Paper.
• Prepare a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper describing your selected research issue or problem.
• Include a definition of your selection using quantifiable measures.
• Include the following steps of the business research process that must follow for addressing or finding a solution to your selected issue or problem:
o Purpose of the research
• Describe the research problem.• Explain why the research problem is important.
o Problem definition
• Explain what question you are answering by your research.
o Research hypothesis
• Explain three possible outcomes that may result from this research.• Define operational definitions for each variable.
o Identify the variables to be tested.o Define the level of measurement for each variable.o Define the measurement scale for each variable.
• Discuss briefly the remaining steps in the research process you will follow to complete your final project in Week Four.