1. Summarize what is an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS)
2. What are some exceptions where an EIS is not required on major Federal projects?
3. Identify the content of a typical EIS
4. Go to the NEPA link below and find EPA Regional NEPA contacts and EISs by States. Select New York and find a project that is closest to your community or one you are interested in and prepare an EIS for that project. (Note: you have to send me the name of the project before you begin to ensure that students are not doing the same project).
5. Write a sample comment for the project you selected.